Sunday, September 4, 2011

School Begins!!

School time is here again!! I have butterflies and really hope that both of the girls like their teachers and will do well. School started the 15th of August this year. I think both of the girls are ready and look forward to seeing their friends and start to do something different.
I sure love to show for school. Its like a fresh beginning. New pencils, paper, notebooks, backpack, shoes, etc....I have such fond memories of back to school shopping. I remember a lot of our trips to Utah growing up where we would buy some things for school there. What fun! I always hated having to stare at those white shoes, new socks and clothes and backpack and couldn't wait to get into them. Having them sit in my closet for even a day was torture!!


Hailey is looking forward to 1st grade, however she has had her reservations...She is rather upset that her kindergarten teacher whom she adored will not be her teacher this year. When she met her new teacher on walk to school night, she was rather excited and thought she could still have both. Our social butterfly is ready though!! Practically all summer she kept asking if it was time for school yet. I sometimes wish for year round! :) I'm sure with all 6 of us, my Mom thought the same thing!

Kaitlynn starts the 2nd grade and she is really looking forward to this year. We met her teacher a few nights before and the whole way home she kept talking all about her teacher, how nice she is, how pretty she is, how nice her room looks, and how excited she was to see friends she hasn't seen all summer.



2 comments:

  1. Yippee, you updated your blog! Love these first day of school pictures. The girls look just so happy, and ready for school. Hope they can keep that up, right? Good work Loralee and Mike for getting them ready and for teaching them to be good students! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The girls look so darling. I can't believe they are in school now. I know that they will do well. Good luck. Love you.

    ReplyDelete