Monday, February 13, 2012

Valentine's

Each holiday comes with a set of memories...Valentine's isn't any different. I remember fondly my mother making up the sugar cookie dough and the special care that she would take with every ingredient that she added to her mixing bowl. I remember fondly the sound of her mixer and knowing that when it stopped it meant that I got to watch her meticulously and effortlessly roll the dough out with perfection. Although she had 6 children, loads of unthinkable amounts of laundry, a house to clean, a job, activities, church calling, food to prepare, and all the other things she did...she made Valentine cookies with love every year. It was amazing to watch her frost each cookie...my favorite part was my name on my very own cookie. In her hand writing. It was and still is a very special memory for me. As I sit in my own kitchen thinking of my mother, I listen to the familure sound of the mixer whirring and stirring...the same mixer that my mother used, she gave to me. So I couldn't help but think about my mom and all the love she has given and shown to me...that I hope my children will see in me.


Love...

No comments:

Post a Comment