Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Back to School August 16, 2010


The time has finally arrived!! Back to school. For weeks now the girls have been asking,
"What day is it? Is it a school day today? Is it tomorrow Mommy?"

"No honey, not yet! But soon, very very soon!!" was my reply for days!!

And the day before finally arrived and I was able to say..."Guess what tomorrow is? (blank stares) Tomorrow is your first day of school! You can get your school clothes ready and get your back packs out!"

They were both so very excited. They set out their shorts and tee-shirts, new socks and white shoes with the dangly heart on it, and put their back packs ready by the top of the stairs. "Can we go now Mommy"...."Nope not yet. After you wake up then we will get all ready and them Daddy and Mommy will take you to school!"

So I have been thinking about school lately. Remember the summer months seemed to fly by too quickly. There was never enough weeks or summer sun to last us long enough for all the baseball games, home-ward derby's in the front yard, or running around the front and back yard playing capture the flag. It seemed all too soon before we would have to go home after a day of swimming at the Natatorium or the baseball season seemed to end as quickly as the flavor of "Big League" chewing gum. Toward the end of summer, our Circle K runs would always end with us going by Liberty Elementary looking at the front doors to see if the lists were out for which teacher we had. Holding onto our Now n Laters, jolly rancher stick, and Charleston chews we would head home chatting about who we thought we were going to get. Once the list was finally up, we couldn't pedal home fast enough to tell Mom who we had and what things we "had" to have for school! I can still feel the excitement and anticipation of the first day of school.

I love to look into Kaitlynn and Hailey's eyes watching them dance with excitement and pure joy! I'm sure I had that same look in my eyes as a young girl. I hope that they will always have that joy and desire for learning. Im sure the teen-age years will be a treat, but I hope to keep them positive and full of the love of learning.

So my sweet children...I hope you have a wonderful school year!

HERE WE GOOOOOO!!!!!!

No!! These are not gang signs!! Its sign for K (Kindergarten)and 1 for First Grade!!!!

Hailey outside of school!

Hailey with her teacher Ms Shaw.

Daddy and Hailey girl before she goes into her class! Oh my little one!! My heart is pounding!!!!

Walking into school!

Kaitlynn outside of school!

Mikey sat in the hall at a desk and said..."Dad! Mommy! I reaeee for scoooo!!!" he sat there insisting that he goes to school like his sisters! Well, Im keeping my fingers crossed to get him potty trained by the end of next week so he can fill Hailey's spot at Pipal Preschool! It would be SOOO good for him! I wish he had more of a desire! Any help to teach a little boy would be so helpful! He just doesn't care!

Kaitlynn sitting at her desk all ready to go! She was pretty excited that her desk top opens up. I asked her what she is going to put in there and she said..."My Stuff!"
More to come I'm sure!

1 comment:

  1. Well, I couldn't wait any longer and had to look at your blog! The girls are just darling and look so happy! What a fun time. So fun to also read about your memories of going to school. It makes me remember back as well and I still love the smell of new crayons, and new tablets of paper! Love it.

    ReplyDelete